Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Owl Gift.... Plus links for other owl crafts and ideas.

My sweet friend just graduated with her teaching degree. She loves owls, so I decided to make a set of owl-y things for her and for her new classroom. Here's what I came up with:

An over-sized shoulder bag. Here's the tutorial to make your own.
A zippered pencil bag. The owl applique for this came off some very ugly pink/white polka dot fleece from JoAnn's. I bought just enough of the fleece to get a few owls and then cut them out of the ugly fabric.
I wish this picture would have been better.... This is a little felt owl key chain.
Pencil topper, thanks to this idea, and an owl notepad from Target $1 bin.

Owl sunglasses case, thanks to this tutorial.
Wooden sign decorated with modge podge and fabric.
When planning this gift, I searched all over the web for ideas. Unfortunately, with the new baby, I wasn't able to make as many things as I had wanted to. Here's some more great owl projects:

7 comments:

Christine Sews said...

Bethany, thanks for visiting my site and including a link to the owl puppet.

I love the wristlet. Nice work.

angela said...

Really cute stuff! And thanks for the wonderful tute and other links!

Mel said...

Great owl collection! Thanks for adding my tute to the list!

SarahB said...

These are fabulous! I love owls, but so many owl crafts are not actually all that cute--but these are! Thanks for posting these!

Bongol said...

By taking cara menggugurkan kandungan the time to read a lot of information like this to add my insight . tips menggugurkan kandungan

Root said...

https://www.sosyalchat.com/ ve https://www.sohbetone.com/ ücretsiz sohbet

kelebek sohbet said...

Mobil Sohbet Flört, Arkadaşlık, Sohbet Yeni insanlarla tanışıp flört edebileceğiniz, ruh eşinizi bulabileceğiniz bir yer.