Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Gentle And Quiet Spirit

As I was reading in 1 Peter this morning about where our true beauty as women comes from, I was very convicted. 1 Peter 3:3-4 says "Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." Oh, to have that kind of beauty! When looking at my own life, I know that more times than not, my spirit is anything but gentle and quiet. I am praying today that the Holy Spirit would strengthen me, that my actions and the choices I make are from a calm and quiet spirit.

0 comments: