Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advent Devotions & Jesse Tree

There are some wonderful ideas all over the blogosphere for Jesse Trees.
Here's what we're doing this year.

I printed the free templates from Tired, Need Sleep (you can find them here). Then, I colored the pictures and mounted the devotions onto cardstock and laminated them. The tree is made out of scrapbooking paper and has magnets on the back so it can stick to my refrigerator. The picture circles also have magnets on the back of them. Each day, as we do the devotions, we add a magnet to our tree.

I also printed extra copies of the advent devotions and pictures and made simple coloring books with construction paper for my boys. They color the picture while we read the Bible story. 

Do you have a Jesse Tree? I would love to see how your family celebrates advent.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Nicole @ Tired, Need Sleep for sharing these printables! Be sure to check out her blog.

4 comments:

Dana B said...

Hi, it's me, Dana from homeschool coop. Just got a chance to check out your blog. LOVE it. Great idea for the Jesse Tree. We need to do something like that. :)

Elk Lighting said...

Hey, that is nice.

Care said...

I am FINALLY nominating some blogs for the award you nominated me for months ago -- so sorry it's taken me so long!

Hope to see more of your projects this year! :o)

sanjeet said...

This looks moist - I love a moist cake...and apples

Domain registration india