Thursday, April 30, 2009
2. Pin the two fabrics right sides together and sew all around the edges, remembering to leave a gap to turn right side out.
3. Turn the fabric right side out and press.
4. Topstitch around the entire piece, being sure to sew the opening shut.
5. Take a 12" piece of ribbon and fold in half, right sides facing out. Topstitch around all sides. Attatch small Velcro pieces to ends, lining them up so that they will form a circle with the ribbon when shut. You may need to adjust the length of the ribbon, according to the size of your carseat's handle.
6. Fold the cover so that all four corners are lined up. Measure 3 inches in from the center of the fabric and mark both sides with a pin. This is where you will attach the ribbons.
7. Sew the ribbons onto the cover by sewing a small rectangle in the middle of each ribbon.
8. Sew a button on the outside of each ribbon, where the Velcro is attached.
Enjoy your new Summertime car seat cover!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Baby Bear Blanket from Craftbits: Super cute bear attached to a soft blankie
Fabulous Fifties Bib from Living Creatively : Over sized baby bib with pocket
Cloth Shoe Pattern from Stardust Shoes: This is the best tutorial and pattern that I've seen for cloth baby shoes. She explains everything clearly and makes it very easy to make a pair.
Soft Taggie Baby Blocks another great pattern from Stardust Shoes
Hip Mama Diaper Bag from A Mingled Yarn: This is the coolest diaper bag! I just made one last week. This tutorial makes it so easy, even a beginning sewer like myself can make one! Here's my new bag.
Quick Ribbon Ring Teether Toy from Patchy Apple: Super easy and so cute!
Taggie Football from Grace Violet: What a great idea for a new baby boy, especially if mom and dad are football fans!
Easy Cloth Diaper Wipes from Make Baby Stuff: I really wanted to try cloth diapers with our new baby, but just don't think I'm brave enough. So, I thought I would at least make some of these cloth wipes and use them!
Forty burp clothes.
Thank you, Monica, for inspiring me to get going on Restoring Order in our home! It feels great to get even a small area organized.